The following truisms arose from some of those who are perhaps not in the first flush of youth (I qualify!):
- I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.
- My wild oats are enjoyed with prunes and all-bran.
- I finally got my head together but now my body is falling apart.
- It was much easier to get older than to get wiser.
- If God wanted me to touch my toes, he’d have put them on my knees.
- It’s not hard to meet expenses….they’re everywhere.
- These days I think about the hereafter….I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I’m here after.
- Funny, I don’t remember being absent-minded.