Aboard the Cruise & Maritime ship “Magellan“.
This was a first experience of being away for Christmas and the New Year. It was an amazing time, taking in the Christmas market at Antwerp, Christmas dinner at sea at the Captain’s table, and seeing the New Year in at Madeira where we were anchored in the harbour to watch the amazing fireworks. Definitely a Christmas and New Year to remember.
The only downside was the rough crossing of the bay of Biscay, where we experienced force 9 winds and waves of up to 12 metres on the journey back to the UK. Many passengers and some crew were quite ill. I guess my time in the Royal Navy stood me in good stead since I wasn’t affected, and neither were Linda (wife) or daughter (Rebecca) who has perhaps inherited the sea-faring blood!
- Tuesday 22/12/2015 – London Tilbury
- Wednesday 23/12/2015 – Antwerp
- Thursday 24/12/2015 – At Sea
- Friday 25/12/2015 – Christmas at Sea
- Saturday 26/12/2015 – Gibraltar
- Sunday 27/12/2015 – At Sea
- Monday 28/12/2015 – Arecife, Lanzarote
- Tuesday 29/12/2015 – Santa Cruz, Tenerife
- Wednesday 30/12/2015 – Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
- Thursday 31/12/2015 Funchai, Madeira
- Friday 01/01/2016 – At Sea
- Saturday 02/01/2016 – Lisbon, Portugal
- Sunday 03/01/2016 – At Sea
- Monday 04/01/2016 – At Sea
- Tuesday 05/01/2016 – Tilbury
More Photos at Flickr.com